We know that when it comes to your environmental compliance responsibilities, you don’t take short cuts.
With the public and regulators becoming ever more demanding and vigilant, the cost of non-conformance can be debilitating to your business and your reputation.
We can’t guarantee that your blasting operations won’t result in an exceedance, but we can guarantee a 100% capture of your blasts and 100% certainty that the recorded values are representative.
That’s a big claim, one which is unmatched by our competitors.
So how can we make such a claim?
Let us count the ways…
operate autonomously 24×7, using solar power
- don’t rely on communication networks and can record events for up to 25 weeks
- are pinged continuously to ascertain their status – if they are offline, we know within minutes
- are triggered daily to test their recording status and download capability
- automatically switch to the previous firmware version, should a program cease to run
- automatically test and record critical parameters such as battery voltage and network availability
- ensure that customers are informed of faults within 24hrs, with quick technician response times.
Our Blast Network:
- uses a private Telstra 3G/4G network for remote downloading and control of monitors
- uses two independent central servers, located in Sydney and Melbourne (Australia) for redundancy
- uses two independent fibre connections, as well as two independent power feeds, backed up with UPS
- has two independent SQL servers for data backup
- offers an SMS messaging system to alert clients if monitors go offline
- provides data that is available to view on the website anytime, within minutes of a blast
- constantly monitors the website.
Our Quality Assurance:
- We are NATA & ISO17025 accredited for blast monitoring
- We are audited annually by independent assessors to check the validity and integrity of our systems, processes and results
- We maintain a primary reference microphone that is cross-checked against two standards from Australia and overseas
- We perform biennial proficiency studies to ensure our vibration and over-pressure readings are within our stated uncertainty
- We calibrate our geophone responses against traceable voltage and time standards
- We check our geophone responses against reference geophones certified by NMI – the highest authority in Australia for these measurements
- We conduct field response checks on all our blast monitor microphones every 3 months
- We conduct full frequency response checks on all our blast monitor microphones each year
- We conduct field response checks on all our geophones annually
- We conduct frequency response checks on all our geophones three times a year
- We check the electronics’ analogue channels every 12 months
- We review every blast waveform for quality and integrity to ensure the result is from the blast, not an external event
- Our internal peer review system signs off on all reports prior to release
- Our custom written LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) schedules and records all preventative maintenance tasks for each monitor.