Why align cardan shafts?
Cardan shafts with angular misalignment typically cause the driven shaft to rotate unevenly during operation, which results in increased vibration. In other words, it is just as important to align cardan shafts as regular shafts. Why is that?
- A vital part in drives for machines, where breakage of cardan shafts causes downtime
- Badly aligned cardan shafts set limitation in production capacity and product quality
- Stands for a considerable cost when repairs are needed or a breakdown occurs
- Badly aligned cardan shafts reduce lifetime in gearboxes and motors
- The breakdown of a cardan shaft in running condition could be extremely dangerous.
Use the NXA Pro with the Offset Fixture kit and you can precision align any offset mounted machine as fast as you align any other shafts. The Offset Fixture kit consists of both software and fixtures.