Regional Sales Engineer UK (M/W)
At Acoem, we create environments of possibility — helping organisations find the right balance between progress and preservation — safeguarding businesses and assets, and maximising opportunities while conserving the planet’s resources. We deliver unrivalled, interoperable AI-powered sensors and ecosystems that empower our customers to make enlightened decisions based on accurate information.
Together with 150 distributors, our 800+ employees work across 26 offices, 5 manufacturing facilities and 3 R&D centres in 11 countries– to provide trusted, holistic data solutions for customers worldwide.
What we promise you
#1 Take part in an adventure in a human-sized company, in full digital transformation
#2 Have the opportunity to contribute to a better life, and act for a preserved environment
#3 Evolve in a company with strong growth and an international ambition
#4 Learn continuously through ambitious, strategic and operational projects
#5 Join a passionate team that evolves in a friendly and caring atmosphere
What we offer
Due to ACOEM’s continued expansion and ambitious growth plans, Dynoptic Systems, incorporating Tunnel Sensors have created a new position for a Regional Sales Engineer to join our sales team based at our head office near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK.
You will be responsible for developing business opportunities for a range of opacity, dust and particulate continuous emission monitors and a range of road tunnel atmosphere monitors. The territory will include direct sales in the UK and Ireland along with a defined overseas territory working with channel sales partners.
With sales office support along with your tenacious drive to find new prospects and convert them to customers this is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a high quality product range.
Your day-to-daymissions and tasks :
- Produce a sales activity plan on an annual / quarterly basis to demonstrate how you will reach and exceed the sales target while ensuring acceptable margin is generated for the company.
- Prepare a monthly pipeline forecast and report to the Sales Director.
- Proactively prospect for customers, making phone calls to generate new sales leads.
- Be able to accurately advise on suitable products for customer applications.
- Ensure accurate and up to date records are maintained in the CRM system to provide a clear opportunity list and pipeline forecast.
- Liaise with the sales office for the generation of quotations and proposals.
- With guidance from the Sales Director negotiate and close orders considering price, delivery, payment terms and long-term support.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the marketplace, including: the technology; its purpose; market drivers; standards; regional differences; competitors; their products; their pricing; distributors.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and influential individuals within the marketplace.
- Identify and participate in relevant trade shows, conferences, and other relevant industry events.
- Identify and nurture new business opportunities, which may include: new projects, strategic partners, customers, or products.
- Report directly to the Sales and Marketing Director
- Work with the internal sales engineer to prepare technical proposals and quotations.
- Liaise closely with the sales, technical and operations team members to ensure coordinated efforts.
# Important : what are the essential elements to apply?
- A successful candidate will be of graduate calibre, technically minded, and commercially astute. An engineering or business-related degree would be advantageous.
- Experience of managing channel sales partners / distributors.
- A background in industrial instrumentation and monitoring.
- Willing to travel within the UK and abroad as required. (estimated 20%)
# What skills are needed?
- Exposure to international business would be an advantage.
- A desire to advance a career in international technical sales.
- Personal qualities to include: confident, articulate, self-motivated, thorough, resourceful, and open minded.
- A foreign language would be an advantage.
We want you
- Permanent contract
- Wage according to past experience
- United Kingdom