Field Service Engineer – United Kingdom (M/W)
At Acoem, we create environments of possibility — helping organisations find the right balance between progress and preservation — safeguarding businesses and assets, and maximising opportunities while conserving the planet’s resources. We deliver unrivalled, interoperable AI-powered sensors and ecosystems that empower our customers to make enlightened decisions based on accurate information.
Together with 150 distributors, our 800+ employees work across 26 offices, 5 manufacturing facilities and 3 R&D centres in 11 countries– to provide trusted, holistic data solutions for customers worldwide.
What we promise you
#1 Take part in an adventure in a human-sized company, in full digital transformation
#2 Have the opportunity to contribute to a better life, and act for a preserved environment
#3 Evolve in a company with strong growth and an international ambition
#4 Learn continuously through ambitious, strategic and operational projects
#5 Join a passionate team that evolves in a friendly and caring atmosphere
What we offer
We offer leading edge products and are customer focused and driven to always deliver a win-win for the organization and our customers.
Your day-to-daymissions and tasks :
Systems Installation, Servicing and Maintenance of Environmental Monitoring Equipment
- Follow the daily schedule set by the service coordinator.
- Installation, commissioning, maintenance, and operation of Environmental Monitoring Systems through routine and non-routine service work.
- Plan each field trip thoroughly to ensure all necessary tools, spares and equipment are available to complete pending and current tasks. Also ensure sufficient equipment/spares are on hand to attend most foreseeable failures according to the Vehicle stock sheet.
- Ensure servicing work is carried out in accordance with customer requirements / technical manuals and Documentation and the requirements of the Quality System
- Ensure work areas are maintained in a clean, safe and presentable state including off-site areas.
- Service and maintenance involving (but not limited to) all Acoem’s Environmental customers products, services.
- Ensure that inspections and tests required by the quality system are carried out and recorded by relevant personnel and approved where required.
- Complete relevant paperwork on a prompt basis (on site) including service reports, risk assessments and method statements. All documents must be completed with accuracy and in line with the job detail supplied with full detail as these are customer facing documents.
- Maintaining stock and tools and ensuring regular reports are submitted on time.
- Submit expenses and mileage/meals forms with supporting receipts on time.
- Undertake offered/scheduled training remote or otherwise wherever possible.
- Ensure all Acoem policies are followed in an efficient, diligent and timely manner.
- All work and duties are to be performed in accordance with relevant OH&S Acts and associated safety regulations, standards and codes of practice.
# Important : what are the essential elements to apply?
- We are looking for a Technical profile with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in the field of acoustics and/or vibration
- Knowledge of standard measurement tools in acoustics and vibration
- Ability to self-learn, and comfortable in using instruments and softwa
# What skills are needed?
- Self-motivated and proactive with a high attention to detail and ability to work using your own initiative. Be able to work on their own and to specific deadlines and take the initiative for certain tasks and work as part of a team as and when required.
- Be adaptable to changes in job priorities.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Have a good knowledge of electronics or electronic principles.
- Be keen to develop their professional and personal skills and have new experiences and responsibilities.
- Clean Driving Licence.
# Other responsabilities but not limited to:
- Ensure work areas and vehicle are maintained in a clean, safe and presentable state.
- Objectives as documented in the Annual Performance Review documents.
- Other duties as directed.
- Transport, packaging, use and manual handling of sensitive electronic equipment and tools in a responsible and safe manner.
- Ensure any assigned vehicle is maintained and is presentable and in good working order and that it is always used in a safe manner. The Vehicle is not for personal use.
We want you
- Permanent contract
- Wage according to past experience
- Glasgow, Scotland, UK